Here you will find references to changes in previous contributions or updates of libraries.
19th January 2023
I improved the interrupt sketches of my library MCP23017_WE. They worked, but were not particularly robust. They can be found in the related post and in the latest version of the library, which should be updated automatically via the Arduino IDE.
4th November, 2022
- If you have tried to call my blog this afternoon, you might have received the famous 404 Error. The problem was related with the update to WordPress version 6.4. in combination with a certain plug-in. Now everything seems to work again.
- I added a sketch to my article about the DS3231 which allows you to set the time via the serial monitor.
31st October 2022
I have modernized all my libraries on GitHub:
- I have streamlined and emptied the constructors.
- Instead of “private” I now use “protected” to make inheritance easier.
- Instead of c-casts, I have implemented the safer static_cast.
All libraries were tested, of course, but I can’t test all options and example sketches on every available board. If anything doesn’t work, please let me know!
14th August 2022
- have revised the post IR proximity sensor – how to build it yourself. Among other things, base resistors on transistors were missing. I have also added a few notes about the pulse method.
3rd August 2022
- In my article “Using the ATmega328 standalone” I forgot the pull-up resistor at the RESET when programming via USB-to-TTL adapter. Who wondered that the program upload sometimes worked and sometimes not, now knows the reason. I have revised the circuits accordingly.
30th July 2022
- I get more and more comments and e-mails that the magnetometer of the MPU9250 does not work and/or the sketches return (“….. does not respond”). The issue is related to the modules and not to my library – please read the readme on GitHub. I have also added an example sketch called “MPU9250_who_am_I” that allows you to check which IC is actually used on your module.
26th July 2022
- I have improved the post about the HX711 based balance a little bit. The sketches are now better transferable to ESP32 / ESP8266 boards.
8th July 2022
- Also in the library for the ADXL345, I switched the pitch angle calculation (see 7th of July).
- I think I found the bug that caused subscribers to also always be informed about the previous post (English version). But I can only test that with the next release.
7th of July 2022
I have changed the calculation of the pitch angle in the libraries for the MPU9250/MPU6500 and the ICM20948. The definitions of the pitch and roll angles can be found here.
14th June 2022
I modified the article about the DS3231 regarding the use of rechargeable batteries (LIR2032) after problems were reported to me.
11th June 2022
- I have written a library for the 24-bit, 4-channel AD converter ADS1220 and published it here on GitHub. Alternatively, you can install it via the library manager of the Arduino IDE. A post about this will follow in a few weeks.
23rd April 2022
- The MCP23017_WE library is now also suitable for use with the MCP23018 and MCP23S18 port expanders. I will publish a post about the MCP23x1y family in a few weeks.
6th April 2022
- My library for the INA219 current sensor is now also able to run on ATtinys. The new version is available on GitHub and should be available or updated via the Arduino library manager in the next days. I have added an example sketch.
- Due to problems with a WordPress plug-in the subscription of comments did not work. This only came to our attention after a reader pointed it out. The problem is now fixed!
1st April 2022
- To my post about LED dot matrix display control I added a chapter about TA6932 based, two-color displays.
25th March 2022
- I have now implemented SPI for the MPU9250 library. With this, much higher data rates are achievable.
- I also missed to point out that level converters usually have to be used when MPU9250 modules are controlled by 5V based MCUs. I have changed the circuit and the test in the article.
20th March 2022
- With the MPU9250_WE library you can now also control the MPU6500. In principle, this is an MPU9250 without a magnetometer.
19th March 2022
- Update of the libraries MCP23017_WE, ADXL345_WE and ICM20948_WE with regards to SPI control: You can now select the SPI clock speed.
18th March 2022
- I have created a new library for the control of SPI based EEPROMS. It is called EEPROM_SPI_WE it is available here on GitHub or via the Arduino library Manager. I will introduce the library in a blog post in a few weeks. .